22 August, 2015

CAS

You may wonder, Can she make it simple? A card with no stitching, no patterned paper and few embellishments? 
Surprisingly, she can :)

I must admit, when I was new to blogland I had no idea what a CAS challenge was looking for. I actually had to google it up to find out the mysterious code stands for "clean and simple" :) Turns out I did make easy cards now and then, but at least when I discovered pickpoint, those cards seemed to vanish from my crafting corner. Even though I tend not to make cards that are overloaded with flowers, bows and glitter, there are so many the things a card should have... A couple of pearls here, a couple of flowers there, a ribbon or a lace, a punched butterfly - and in no time I'm far from CAS.

Last evening I decided to give it a try anyway, working with the latest sketch of freshly made sketches
I picked a white paper with a tiny floral pattern as my main focus, and combined it with a blue background paper. For the bar that goes through the middle of the card, I used punched flowers with pearls. As an even line would be too rigid for the soft blossoms, I arranged them in a soft wave-like line.
Then, I glued it all together, and the card was done. Pretty quickly in comparison to my usual crafting projects. Pretty CAS in comparison to what I usually do.

The trace of blue matches my last lavender faggot, which I decorated with a heart-shaped charm that says "made with love". (How comes I miss the lavender season every year?)
But above all, it matches fluffy white clouds in the blue sky. What a pity to watch them from underneath! 

challenges:
- that craft place: blue
- dream valley: add a charm
- crafty gals corner: ATG

8 comments:

  1. Your sweet trail of blue flowers is lovely! Sweet delicate card! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches to celebrate our 200th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do CAS so well! I love the soft trail of pretty blue flowers! Thanks for joining our 200th challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally ace CAS! I love this row of pretty littlle flowers against all that white space. Thanks for joining in our 200th challenge at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, you have nailed 'clean and simple' well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly lovely! Clean and wonderful! Thanks for joining our celebration at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job with this CAS card - it is gorgeous and very elegant - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and very elegant card. Love the fresh look about it.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Girls Corner's ATG challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete